Friday, August 19, 2011

Crazy Pineapple Nail Art tutorial and second vacation update :-)

Hi everyone! This design was inspired by my hello kitty calendar for July which has hello kitty in cute little pineapple hats. I decided to just do the pineapples :-)


Yup these pineapples are totally cray cray and I like it! Very green which is unusual for me, but I was inspired by Orly's Fresh. Materials below:


Left to right we have Sally Hansen Green With Envy, Orly Fresh, Illamsaqua Smash and Boosh, OPI Alpine Snow, Essie Mink Muffs and finally OPI Fiercely Fiona. I really need a full size of that yellow polish! It is fab.


So to start off with I actually painted my nails with a white base. This was for two reasons - 1) To make the green brighter and greener and 2) I'm fairly suspicious when it comes to green/yellow based polishes as they often yellow your nails. I wasn't taking any chances. I worked with the thumb design then decided to continue with the rest of my nails :-)


To start off the pineapples I did the outline in and filled in white. This was OPI Alpine Snow.


Next I used OPI Fiercely Fiona to fill the pineapple part. Turns out lovely and bright over the white base.


Then I filled the pineapple top with Sally Hansen Green With Envy.


Now for the criss-cross lines! I very gently drew diagonal lines with Essie Mink Muffs over each nail.


Now the other way! I used a small nail art brush but a long striping brush may also work. I'm just used to doing everything with one brush :-)


With Illamasqua Smash I carefully outlined the pineapple leaves to give them some definition.


Now for the face! Using Alpine Snow again I drew the whites of the eyes and the mouth.


Finally I dotted the eyes with Illamasqua Boosh and faintly drew a line across the mouth with Essie Mink Muffs and we're done!

Vacation update: I am currently in New York and have been here since Monday evening. We finally purchased some expensive net and so I'm catching up on the blogging world and publishing one of my pre-saved posts :-)


Oh em gee. Times Square at night = crazy. I thought it was busy during the day but no way, night time is way worse! Shall be avoiding it now that we have gotten our photos :-) And everyone is trying to sell you something :-/


Hehe we made our way down to South Street Seaport after the WTC and Wall St and I did some good shopping at bath & body works. I picked up some new halloween hand sanitizers and quite a few body lotions :-S I have NO idea how I'm getting this stuff into my suitcase!


Today we went to the statue of liberty and stood in the rain for an hour at 7am waiting for the boat -_- That sucked mega but eventually the rain stopped and we made it ok. We only got Pedestal tickets (I wasn't about to climb 200+ steps the crown) and that was 150 steps!


Here's my disneyland video from last week. There's a few others up on the channel so check 'em out if you're interested ;-)

Well I hope you enjoyed the look, it's fun to do something silly every once and a while :-) Hope you're all having a lovely day and I will see you next time!

4 comments:

  1. This mani is so cute it made me squinkle up my nose and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love it! :) Smiling pineapple is the best kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York is such an amazing place! I look forward to going back there myself one day to have another genuine Reuben sandwich in a genuine NY deli. BTW that Orly green polish is awesome, I'd love that for colour blocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cat Aww that's such a lovely comment!

    @Vintage haha I know!

    @Vita It took me quite a while to 'warm' to New York. First impressions were crazy busy, smelly and just way too full on but by the end of it I really liked it! The subway was so easy to use, central park was amazing not to mention the endless supply of salty pretzels @_@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...